NOTE: There’s a Black Friday Sale at the moment operating. Learn extra beneath…
To compile this Proofread Wherever evaluation, we enrolled in the entire Proofread Wherever programs and scoured the net for suggestions from actual members and graduates of the programs—all that will help you resolve if Proofread Wherever is legit and price your money and time.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE
WHAT IS PROOFREAD ANYWHERE?
The Proofread Wherever programs are complete, module-based coaching applications which might be designed to show individuals methods to develop into profitable, working proofreaders.
Enrolling within the programs gives you the schooling, instruments, and steering you have to develop into both a basic proofreader or a transcript proofreader.
The programs had been based in 2012 after Caitlin Pyle, veteran proofreader and blogger, determined to share her insider ideas and the steps it takes to construct a profitable profession within the proofreading business—steps which might be effectively examined. Pyle has labored as a proofreader since 2007 and has specialised within the court docket reporting business since 2009.
HOW MUCH DOES PROOFREAD ANYWHERE COST?
GENERAL PROOFREADING: THEORY AND PRACTICE
For under 2 extra days, ending November twenty eighth, 2022, Black Friday Offers will get you 60% off the costs beneath. Seize this implausible alternative.
The Common Proofreading course has two course ranges, IGNITE and IGNITE PLUS.
IGNITE is a one-time fee of $497 and gives lifetime entry to the course.
IGNITE PLUS is a one-time fee of $597 and gives lifetime entry to the course, in addition to the extra options:
- A hand-graded examination
- A certificates upon completion of the course
- Your itemizing (SPS) within the Most popular Outsourcer Rolodex
- Unique entry to membership in a separate advertising and marketing mastermind group
TRANSCRIPT PROOFREADING: THEORY AND PRACTICE
Whereas the Common Proofreading course is simply obtainable through one-time funds, the Transcript Proofreading course is organized in a multi-tier fee construction.
Stage 1: Newbie Basecamp is a one-time fee of $77. You achieve entry to Module 1 for seven days.
Stage 2: Jumpstart is a one-time fee of $197. You achieve entry to Modules 1 and a couple of for a further 30 days.
Stage 3: NextSteps is a one-time fee of $400. You achieve entry to Modules 1-5 for a further 60 days.
Stage 4: Launch & Earn is a one-time fee of $500. At this stage, you might have lifetime entry to Modules 1-9.
WHY DOES THE TRANSCRIPT PROOFREADING COURSE HAVE THIS PRICING STRUCTURE?
Based on the Proofread Wherever assist crew, this multi-tier fee construction was designed to finest assist college students by enabling them to progress by means of the course step-by-step.
Right here’s what they stated:
“Basecamp gives college students entry for per week to the primary module to allow them to get their toes moist with out having to speculate some huge cash upfront.
Since proofreading transcripts is so area of interest, it’s actually useful for college kids to get an additional concept exterior of the free seven-day mini-course to see if the Transcript Proofreading course itself could be a superb match for them.
The very last thing we wish is for college kids to spend cash enrolling in the entire course after which really feel overwhelmed and disillusioned that this wasn’t a match for them. So we break it up into ranges to present them an opportunity to take it step-by-step.”
OUTSIDE OF BASECAMP
“Exterior of Basecamp, which provides entry for per week, every module requires college students to cross both a quiz, midterm, or remaining earlier than they’ll proceed to entry the subsequent stage.
That means, as effectively, college students can know they’re heading in the right direction to mastering the fabric and realizing if transcript proofreading is an effective match for them earlier than they’ll pay for the subsequent stage.
We used to have it so college students may buy your entire course upfront, however after listening to pupil suggestions, we broke up the degrees, broke up the pricing, and ended up making it much more inexpensive and student-friendly this fashion.”
HOW DOES PROOFREAD ANYWHERE WORK?
Proofread Wherever has a variety of each paid and free programs that will help you study in regards to the area of proofreading. The Common Proofreading course and the Transcript Proofreading course are each paid, intensive programs, every specializing in a distinct area of interest of the proofreading business.
Along with these programs, Proofread Wherever additionally affords free trainings and workshops that will help you decide if proofreading is the precise business for you.
We advocate you enroll within the free coaching first to dip your toe into the waters of proofreading and provide help to resolve when you’re able to pursue proofreading as a profession.
PAID: THE GENERAL PROOFREADING COURSE
As a basic proofreader, you’ll be able to work for anybody who’s in want of proofreading companies. For instance, basic proofreading is usually wanted for books (e.g., novels, cookbooks, non-fiction books, and so forth.), menus, web site copy, weblog posts, and a lot extra.
Something that’s going to be revealed—whether or not that be in print or on-line—must be reviewed earlier than it will get into the fingers of readers. That’s the place a proofreader is available in.
So it’s straightforward to see how proofreaders are in excessive demand!
The Common Proofreading course will educate you methods to create and launch your individual freelance enterprise the place you can also make cash as a basic proofreader.
It accommodates 9 modules and 44 models. Right here’s a preview:
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO GENERAL PROOFREADING
- Why Proofread?
- Expertise Wanted to Be an Glorious Common Proofreader
- Who Wants a Proofreader?
- What a Common Proofreader Does (and Doesn’t) Do
- Phrases Generally (however Incorrectly!) Used as Proofreading
- Enhancing at a Proofreading Price
MODULE 2: GET INTO THE RIGHT MINDSET
- Proofreading Niches
- Proofreader Lingo
MODULE 3: PROOFREADING BASICS
- Forms of Errors
- Commas and Semicolons
- Citation Marks
- Topic/Verb Settlement
- Noun/Pronoun Settlement
- Generally Misused Phrases
- American and British Spelling Variations
MODULE 4: PROOFREADING METHODS AND PRACTICE
- Proofreading Strategies
- Proofreading Follow
MODULE 5: TURNING PROOFREADING INTO A BUSINESS
- Making a Web site
- A Step-by-Step Information to Establishing Your Enterprise Web site
- Writing Your Résumé
- Setting Your Charges
- Taxes and Incorporating Your Proofreading Enterprise
- Constructing on Your Proofreading Expertise
MODULE 6: FINDING CLIENTS
- Proofreading and Freelance Associations
- Social Media
- Social Media Dos and Don’ts
- Running a blog
- On-line Marketplaces
- On-line Profiles
- Writing a Proposal
- Avoiding Scammers
- Don’t Anticipate Shoppers to Simply Come to You
MODULE 7: YOUR WORKFLOW ONCE YOU GET THE JOB
- Beginning Off on the Proper Foot
- Working with Consumer Preferences
- A Proofreader’s Relationship with Different Editors on the Venture
- How one can Invoice Your Shoppers
- Your Popularity
- Asking for Testimonials
MODULE 8: GETTING THE MOST OUT OF THE FREELANCING LIFE
- Organizing Your Time to Keep away from Burnout
- A Day within the Lifetime of a Proofreader
- Gaining Confidence
MODULE 9: CONCLUDING LESSON
- Look Higher in WritingTM Handbook of Generally Misused (and Abused!) Phrases
- The Final Freelancer Tax Information
- The Mindset Mastery Information
- 5 Mindset Shifts for Purpose-Crushing Confidence
PAID: THE TRANSCRIPT PROOFREADING COURSE
As a transcript proofreader, you’ll usually work within the court docket reporting business, the place your major duty could be to proofread court docket reporters’ transcripts. This may also embody listening to an audio recording of the transcript to catch errors and make corrections.
The Transcript Proofreading course will educate you methods to create and launch your individual freelance enterprise the place you can also make cash as a transcript proofreader.
It accommodates 9 modules and 60 models to which you achieve entry as you progress by means of the multi-tier fee construction. For instance, the Stage 1 Newbie Basecamp have to be accessed first. This provides you entry solely to Module 1—just for seven days.
Right here’s a preview of the complete course load:
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO TRANSCRIPT PROOFREADING:
- Introduction + Course Tour
- Fb Teams
- Expertise Wanted to Proofread Transcripts
- Court docket Reporters, Steno, & Transcripts…Outlined
- How a Transcript Turns into a Transcript
- Depositions vs. EUOs, Pointers for Interpreted Proceedings, and Issues Sometimes Included in Varied Forms of Transcripts
- The Anatomy of a Transcript + QUIZ
- Further Introductory Assets
MODULE 2: THE NUTS & BOLTS OF TRANSCRIPTS:
- Forms of Errors
- Transcript Format
- Generally Misused Phrases
- Record of Widespread Authorized Phrases + Wanting Up Medical Phrases
- American vs. British Spellings & Different Notes on Spelling
- 4 Most Violated Comma Guidelines in Transcripts
- A [Short] Lesson on Apostrophes + Worksheet
- Extra Punctuation Guidelines + PRACTICE
- 18 Transcript-Related Capitalization Guidelines + The Phrase Expertise Take a look at
- Transferring on to Stage 3: NextSteps
MODULE 3: MARKING UP TRANSCRIPTS:
- Marking Up a Transcript on Paper
- Strategies 2 & 3: Marking up on a Pc and Writing an Errata Sheet
- Marking Up With an iPad
- Technique 5: Proofreading to Audio
- Utilizing CAT Software program
MODULE 4: GETTING COMFORTABLE USING IANNOTATE FOR IPAD:
- Setting Up the Toolbar
- Utilizing the Instruments and Creating Stamps
MODULE 5: PRACTICE TRANSCRIPTS
- Guidelines vs. Preferences and How one can Keep away from Demise by Commas
- Follow Transcripts
- Follow Transcripts — ANNOTATED VERSIONS
- Module 5 Midterm Take a look at
- Module 5 Midterm Transcript
- Transferring on to Stage 4: Launch & Earn
MODULE 6: CORRESPONDING WITHIN THE COURT REPORTING PROFESSION:
- New Consumer Pointers for Clean Crusing
- Receiving Jobs—My Course of
- Educating Shoppers to Print a PDF (IMPORTANT for iAnnotate Customers)
- Turnaround Time
- When You Want Time Off
- When to Fireplace a Consumer
- When You Make a Mistake
MODULE 7: BILLING AND ACCOUNTING PROCEDURES + FINAL EXAM:
- How one can Set Your Price
- How one can Invoice Shoppers
- When to Invoice Shoppers
- [VIDEO] Taxes and Incorporation
- Ultimate Examination
- Ultimate Examination Transcript
MODULE 8: CONNECTING WITH POTENTIAL CLIENTS:
- Advertising Authentically on LinkedIn
- LinkedIn Coaching Movies
- Fb Fundamentals
- 4 Social Media Platforms: How one can Make Them Work for You
- How one can Get Shoppers—and How one can Royally Screw It Up
- “DO NOT CONTACT” LIST
- IMPORTANT WARNING on Sending Emails to Shoppers
- Advertising Methods Quiz
- 3 Methods to Discover Shoppers
- Lively vs. Passive Advertising
- Kelley’s Day in Court docket
- Issues to Be Cautious About + Significance of Defending Your Popularity
- Constructing a Web site
- Scholar Q&A
MODULE 9: CONCLUDING LESSONS:
- Know Thyself … and Be Cool With Who That Is
- Dealing With How the Previous Has Affected Our Current
- Impostor Syndrome
- The Graduate Listing + Retake the Phrase Expertise Take a look at
FREE: FREE INTRO WORKSHOP
The free workshop from Proofread Wherever will introduce you to the world of proofreading that will help you resolve when you’re really considering pursuing a profession in proofreading.
On this 45-minute workshop, Pyle makes it clear that proofreading is just not the precise business for everybody. After finishing the workshop, you’ll know whether or not or not being a proofreader is best for you and, whether it is, whether or not you’d prefer to pursue basic proofreading or transcript proofreading.
FREE: 7-DAY PROOFREADING E-COURSE
The 7-Day Proofreading E-Course is one other free useful resource from Proofread Wherever designed to assist reply your questions on what it takes to be a proofreader.
With each the free intro workshop and the 7-Day Proofreading E-Course below your belt, you’ll have a agency grasp on the proofreading business to resolve if this profession is the precise selection for you.
MORE PROOFREAD ANYWHERE REVIEWS: WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
As a result of it’s such a preferred course, you’ll discover numerous questions on Proofread Wherever: Is Proofread Wherever legit? Is Proofread Wherever value it?
To conduct a Proofread Wherever evaluation that’s informative, thorough, and fully unbiased, we searched the net to see what different reviewers are saying.
As a part of this course of, we checked out websites like SiteJabber and RipoffReport. These websites permit others to put up their very own Proofread Wherever critiques to present suggestions to potential customers.
SITEJABBER AND RIPOFFREPORT
These primary evaluation websites had no posts of Proofread Wherever critiques.
OUR EXPERIENCE WITH PROOFREAD ANYWHERE
So as to conduct an intensive Proofread Wherever evaluation, we signed up for each the Common Proofreading course and the Transcript Proofreading course.
We discovered each programs to ship in depth, in-depth coaching on each the idea and apply of proofreading, along with offering invaluable, insider information on the proofreading business as a complete.
Different key takeaways we loved:
- Video format: Most of the classes in each programs had been in video format, which makes for simple instruction.
- Assist: We emailed assist and obtained a response inside at some point, so it’s protected to say that there are actual, human our bodies behind the course and that Proofread Wherever is legit.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF PROOFREADING IS FOR YOU?
Whereas the Common Proofreading course and the Transcript Proofreading Course each supply invaluable data, we advise benefiting from the free coaching earlier than leaping into one of many paid programs, so you may get a greater concept of whether or not or not proofreading is the precise profession selection for you.
As you undergo the free coaching, ask your self these two questions:
- Do I like to learn? Whether or not you develop into a basic proofreader or a transcript proofreader, you can be doing numerous studying, so you need to get pleasure from studying!
- Am I all the time correcting typos? When you’re the kind of one that’s all the time discovering typos on menus, in newspapers, or anyplace else, then you could be the right match for the proofreading business.
When you answered no to those questions, then proofreading will not be for you.
In that case, you could be extra fitted to transcription, by which case we advocate trying out Transcribe Wherever.
PROOFREAD ANYWHERE REVIEW: FINAL VERDICT
As with every program, you’ll by no means have the ability to please everybody—however from our personal expertise with the Proofread Wherever programs, we’re positively happy. These programs will present you methods to flip your expertise into monetary freedom.
Each the Common Proofreading Course and the Transcript Proofreading course supply precisely what they promise: in-depth coaching that may provide help to launch your profession as both a basic proofreader or a transcript proofreader.
Content material creators aren’t going anyplace. The very nature of our consumption-driven society signifies that the world goes to demand much more content material — whether or not it’s blogged, revealed, podcasted, or recorded and filmed.
And what are all these content material creators going to wish? Proofreaders. Entrepreneurs. Expert professionals. Such as you, doubtlessly.
It’s essential to remember the fact that proofreading isn’t for everybody—that is an business that requires a specific kind of character and set of expertise to succeed.
When you suppose that’s you, then we expect Proofread Wherever is the perfect proofreading course on-line to show you methods to construct a contract enterprise to generate income as a proofreader.
BEST PROOFREADING COURSE ONLINE
(Be taught extra about our score tips.)
LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS COURSE